Friday, October 20, 2017

My First VR Experience

I went to the NAB Show at the Javitt Center yesterday.... a lot of amazing technology and it's fascinating to see so many curious people about the technology...One room sound...One room visual...But story and content seem to be leading the way....And for people like me to meet people who are looking to do innovative work and this was where I had my first VR experience.  With a company from Finland.  Remember I'm in the middle of Many Lives Many Masters so the VR experience was taken to a different level.  Because I could have been in another lifetime right there yesterday at the Javitt Center.  The couch in the VR world didn't look like it was from this time.   The first talk I went to in the morning was led by a VR director named Alton Glass who just made a feature in VR.  It was very interesting and very inspiring and when I ran into my friend Paul Socolow, a brilliant bass player who played on my records in the past and used to live in Brooklyn but moved to Hoboken but is still a great friend and it was amazing to see him and he brought me and my director friend over to the Sound side.....The rocker side....And this is where I got to experience VR for the first time....But these guys from Finland specialized in sound for the VR experience.....But they had the VR camera set up with the sound equipment and let me demo it....It blew my mind...I felt like I was truly apart of the room....The couch....The wall....The ceiling....I was there....I left the Javitt Center for the moment.....This was an experience....Story is what I like to tell....VR will come....But until everyone can experience it...I'm going to continue to write scripts....And music....And blog posts....And produce videos....And Snapchat....And run....And instragram.....But VR....That's another level....But the AI thing I'm weary of....But that's for a different post...An update on the pilot....I have a co-writer....He's brilliant...He's working on the rewrites....He lives in Boise, Idaho....We went to high school together....Stay tuned.....
Now let me leave you with some tunes......




No comments: