Friday, October 20, 2017

Louisville, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri Ft. Oya Noire

https://soundcloud.com/silent-shuffle/louisville-kansas-nebraska-missouri-ft-oya-noire



I usually just write out the lyrics after a post the link but I thought I give you some context for the song and how Oya Noire ended up singing on the track.......The band name is Silent Shuffle and I've been using that for a year or so now putting out songs.....tracks I've built on my own on my iPad in between everything else......No audio tune.....No mastering....Just like we did it back in the day recording on our boom boxes and holding on to those dear tapes through the years...in the boxes in the closets....breaking them out with nothing to play them on.....But let me give you some context for the song.... A book I was writing that has turned into a TV pilot I'm developing and now here comes this song from the book......And that is all I want to say on that.....Here are the lyrics:


Louisville, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri
We drove out west in a white pick up truck with speed and intentions
We slept under the stars in Knoxville
And drove through the big country
Louisville and Kansas and Nebraska and Missouri
When we made it to Colorado I felt I'd been awakened
We drove all day and night and made it to Vegas
Said goodbye to Clover, back on the road
Made it to Los Angeles by midnight,
Ended up at a bar on the eastside
I looked around the bar
I felt like I was at home
Drove all day and night and made it to San Francisco, Sacramento, Reno, Salt Lake
Spent the night in Wyoming and the forest smelt like Sage
Empty I felt but never alone
Written by Dan Zweben
Lead Vocals: Oya Noire
Backing Vocals: Dylan Zweben
Guitars/Keyboards: Dan Zweben
Artwork: Harper Zweben
Recorded at BRD Studios 

No comments: