Monday, October 16, 2017

don't look back

it's Monday...I'm going to be appreciative of what I have...a good parking spot....(fyi to New Yorkers, alternate side parking is suspended on Thursday, you're welcome).....


I could talk about The Cars but that would be for another day....I could talk about Many Lives, Many Masters but I'd like to finish the book first.  The weather dropped and now everything starts to look different.  I've wished for this day for so long because it felt like the summer would never end but now that's here and not ready to lose the sun and the snow and all that....Where I grew up, winter was like a season in a John Hughes film.  The trees and the snow made it quiet because there were few people around to begin with.   Folks stayed indoors and huddled by a fireplace and watched football.  But the woods were an escape from modern life that seemed too familiar.  Like the fifties reenacted.  How could a society not progress in modern times?  How could we still be stuck in the same old predicament with the same old results? But I was looking for something else. Something more. And music was my out.  And I left home as soon as I graduated.  And I never looked back....





No comments: