Tuesday, May 20, 2014

the daily grind

so here we are again….5:40 am!! in the morning…how did we end with the kids who wake up at the crack of dawn….I guess it's payback for being a bad sleeper myself….with 3 hours to kill, I think I'll have enough time to feed them, make "her" lunch and get them to school…..but I still feel like I'm scrambling…..b/c all the compartments of "her" lunchbox are scattered throughout the kitchen...different shapes and sizes and colors just like an amusement park but less fun…..i heat up the rice and beans, wash the organic tomatoes and apples, steam the dumplings and place the soy sauce in the metal compartment without spilling…..more coffee….….the girls do some art (not these pics specifically, but you get the point)
it's ok to reminisce about your life before kids without sounding like your complaining….it's just a memory….of the distant past….I can't really remember my life before kids….like the morning was before kids…..when we would wake up on our own and stay in bed and just not feel so rushed…..but today it seems like everyone is putting on a "happy" face….we can't just be real and say how we really feel….it doesn't make you any less of a parent if there are some chores that come along with the job that you don't like….but nooooooo….everyone is like, "my life is perfect, my kids are perfect, my WORLD is perfect," when we all know perfection is not happiness…..you have to laugh at yourself and the whole situation of being sleep deprived and wanting more freedom and all the ebb and flow of parenting….you just have to laugh….b/c that's life….dz

No comments: