Tuesday, August 06, 2013

big star: nothing can hurt me


when the girls finally passed out last night and the wife went out for drinks, I watched the big star doc.....man, they don't make guys like alex chilton anymore.....and the fact that he passed away in 2010 with no health insurance living alone in new orleans is sad.....sad because he wasn't in it for the money.....he was a real artist...along with chris bell (who died when he was 27 ironically enough)...but even having a number 1 song when your 16 (he sang "the letter" for the box tops) doesn't guarantee you from not dying alone.....there are no guarantee's in life I guess........you never know what life will bring.... but alex chilton's legacy lives on through the music and I've been listening to big star all day.....and they influenced so many bands that I admire and that means something. it means something to me at least....r.i.p. alex and here's the ballad of el goodo:

















No comments: