Monday, October 01, 2012

paris in brooklyn

I went out with a French friend last night to a party on the water.  It was like "Midnight In Paris" but in New York City.  I was waiting for Bukowski to pull up in a Cadillac on the West Side highway and take me away.  But it didn't happen. Instead, I hung out with some French musicians and caught the end of Emilie Simon's set.  She was brilliant.  Check her out.  She's a star in France but she lives in Brooklyn. But it felt like I was in Paris because everyone spoke French.  The air was cool and the night was young.  And then I took some pics.  
Sometimes all it takes to remind me of my old life is one night out.  A night like this. A night lost in music and conversation.  Even though the conversation was in French, I felt at home.  Thanks Laurent.

DZ

No comments: