Saturday, September 29, 2012

this blog's for you

For taking the time out of your lives to read and respond to posts about my life as a daddy.  As a husband.  As a musician.  And as a man.  Writing this blog is cathartic for me. I don't even know what that means.  But it's my way to vent.  To share.  I look to you to make me laugh by making me laugh at myself.  Yes, the idea of "the blog" is a little absurd.  So I just want to thank you because I can sympathize with a lot of you.  I know what it's like to go through hard times and deal with pain and I'm glad that I can express some of those feelings with all of you. I'm lucky to have my 2 girls. To be in a good marriage. But I know what disappointment is.  And I know struggle.  And without you, the reader,  I'm just a performer playing a show to an empty room.  (Which I know all about). I'm just a guy with a guitar walking down the street but with a baby in an Ergo.   Looking for a familiar face from back in the day.  Looking for something. We are all just looking for something aren't we? And even if you don't end up reading this blog again, I will continue to write.  So my girls and I can look back one day.  It's an open diary for them to see. And you can comment and trash me all you want.  I'm used to it.  I'm asking for it by putting it out there.  But this is real and that's all I know.

DZ

And as Neil Young says:

No comments: