Monday, April 30, 2012

how to keep the fire lit on your relationship when you have kids


The focus changes when you have kids.  The world of obligations gets in the way.  Hey, what about sex?  I know your tired, I know you've been up since 4, I know we just got home, I know we just put the kids to bed, I know that we have a ton of stuff on the DVR to catch up on.  I know it's Monday?  My friends in LA with 2 set their alarm for 4 am before their kids are awake and do it.  Nice.  Wait, but Harper's awake at 4.  So what would that mean for us? 2 :( So how do you keep the fire going in your relationship?  Be a better man.  Be a better husband.  Lend a hand.  Clean up.  Take care of your family.  These are the traits that will turn on your spouse again.  Do the things that made her love you in the first place.  That's how you get the sparks flying again.  Go to the gym.  Get some flowers.  Light some candles.  Turn on your red light.  Whatever brings back that lovin feelin.  Whatever works. And clean up your DVR so you don't lose The Daily Show.
DZ

2 comments:

faith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
faith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.