Tuesday, April 17, 2012

carrot, apple, ginger: my diet regimen

I drink a carrot, apple and ginger juice everyday.  I'm superstitious like that.  It's as if I'm Wade Boggs.  The juice is not only tasty and fights various flu like symptoms, it's the only thing I can eat while Harper's sleeping on me in the Ergo.  I also have a running route I don't stray from. I run down by the water to relax/reinvigorate my mind. I like to get my creative juices flowing.  I think some of my best work comes after I exercise.  Or early in the morning.  Ask my neighbors.

It's ok to be a creature of habit when the habit is good for you.  I don't do dairy and I've cut back on my meat intake dramatically.  My Australian friend turned me on to goat's milk.  I think about the food I grew up on and no offense to my folks, but I would never serve that stuff to my kids.  Another example of how we can distinguish ourselves from previous generations.  For everyone mocking this new food movement going on in this country, we are the ones that should be laughing.  We are improving our health! Which makes us happier.  And live longer.  And look better. And helps improve our sex life.  Another example of a change we can believe in.

DZ

2 comments:

Alan said...

Good ideas re juicing and exercise. Yes the juicing can be laughed at but I see people young and older that have starting or are considering juicing. I admit the younger one is mid 24 year old daughter who is studying naturopathy and dietary approach so is biased towards knowledge of the value of such approaches.

Unknown said...

nice alan....sounds like your daughter knows a lot more than I do on the subject....what's your juicing mix? dz