Saturday, June 18, 2011

re: survey finds working moms say husbands can do more to help

I saw this on @msnbc something like 70% of working mothers surveyed said that their husbands can do more to help out in the household. First off, the question already assumes that husbands don't do enough and I would like to respond as a father and a husband. I'm not a stay at home but my wife does work full time and I tend to be "more around" the hood so it's my job to pick d up and drop her off at daycare, keep the house clean, etc. It's not easy for men to assume these roles especially when we've been conditioned to be a certain way. Before the wife and baby, I can say I'm speaking for some men, I lived hand to mouth out of milk crates and sheets over my windows for blinds. The less "stuff" I owned, the better. Having a wife and baby changes that but it takes time so be patient with us, we are like dogs, we tend to like what we know and we become more stubborn with age. So what do I want for father's day this year? Just to feel appreciated by the ones I love and maybe some bloody marys :) dz

No comments: