Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What if....

How many of you have had those what if moments?  What if I had stayed in Wisconsin and married Phoebe instead of going to Texas that summer?  What if I had stayed in Minnesota after college instead of moving to New York City? What if I had stayed in NYC with my ex and not moved to LA where I eventual met Lisa?  What if I had stayed in North Carolina rather than moved back to NYC for that girl who eventually broke my heart?  That girl who I thought was the one...the girl who grew up on the Upper West side and went to Vassar and whose father was the biggest attorney in Manhattan and who you were sure was the one...But she broke your heart, and you left that 6 floor walk up on that cold May day for the sunny beaches of Santa Monica where I literally knew 2 people...What if I had not gone to that bar that night where BRMC was playing and I met Lisa standing on top of the table...What if I had gone home with that girl Amber instead?  What if I had dated Lisa but decided to break up with her because she wasn't Jewish and I knew my folks wouldn't approve...This is a pic from me back when I lived in LA:


Well, I guess someone, somewhere has a plan for us, and this is where we are now....And we must live with no regrets!  DZ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have those damned 'what if' moments all the time. this is how i look at it. if i hadn't gone through what i have...i wouldn't have my son now. what if i had to imagine my life without him in it? i don't want to.

no regrets dan!

excellent posting.

Unknown said...

thanks lisa...and btw, I checked out your blog and you are the star! nice words...dz