Tuesday, July 06, 2010

My Reply To New York Magazine

Comment on:
All Joy and No Fun

I am a new parent living in Brooklyn with my 17 month old daughter Dylan and my wife Lisa. I don't care about the facts and figures that this article reiterates. I don't even question whether I was "happier" before I had a child. Maybe the question is, as a whole, a society, why are we so unhappy? Maybe the fact that we are questioning happiness at all, ad naseum, is the reason why we are "unhappy" as a collective society. Yes, parenting is hard. Life is hard. But to talk about this issue, like it is an issue, is ridiculous. A. Not everything done in life is for your own happiness. B.Where in this article is the child's happiness addressed? Or your spouse's happiness? No, just me, and my pursuits, and my job, and my article.... your writing, your views, and you take up space on the playground for happier couples/kids like me and my wife/child to play on....

DZ
7.10
07/06/2010 at 4:44 pm

No comments: