Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things My Wife Tells Me To Blog About: Yuppies

Top Things My Wife Tells Me To Blog About:

1. The married guy with 2 kids at Stumptown whose totally not into hanging with his family and whose wife has to deal with the 2 kids when their fussing and he just stands there sipping his cappuccino, and she says to him, "Whenever Your Ready!".
2. The guy who works for my landlord and does the our garbage often refers to me as "Yuppie Boy." I think he has a learning disability so I'm not really sure how I should respond.  And am I what you would consider a Yuppie? Wow, I always thought I was anti establishment, but I guess to this guy I look like I walk off the set of Thirtysomething.
3. The new Union Market on Court Street has the best samples in the hood, I often go there when I have the munchies.
4. How I make friends with everyone by dropping my wife Lisa LaCour's company's name "Daily Candy"....I use to call it "The Daily Candy" :)....www.dailycandy.com
5. I'm trying to get a bunch of Brooklyn Rocker Dad's together for drinks at Floyd's on Atlantic and this is who I have so far: Ryan Miller (Guster), Josh Rouse, Peter Shapiro (Brooklyn Bowl) and Jake Abraham (Pieces Of April)....Drop me a line if you are a dad and want in......
6. This name dropping thing nobody really cares about, people want to get tips on putting baby to bed, not a whose who of the NYC rock scene.

Tips for getting baby to sleep, becoming a better father, when to start with solids, formula question in BRD's next blog!

DZ

No comments: