Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Modern Day Man

Here I am
The modern day man
Stay at home with the baby
I hope you understand
My wife she's off to work again
And I'm off to meet a friend
That friend is you, the words I write
About what keeps me up at night
And the cold winter keeps us inside
But today I wish to take a ride
Around LA in my used car
See the nameless faces at the dive bars
Where people go to pass the time
So they feel better about their lives
For they are not the only ones
Who are seeking more than beach and sun
But I no longer live out west
Brooklyn's where I lay to rest
Where people trek down icy streets
To go to jobs to make ends meet
To deal with bosses, budgets and things
But I'm a man who'd rather sing
To all those lonely souls who need
A song with heart, a man to lead

I recorded a new song yesterday called "Love Means Goodbye" and you can hear it at: www.myspace.com/danzweben

It's about a relationship that ends with no regrets.....Co written by Noel Cohen, mixed by Matt Anthony, backing vocals Casey Shea.....

Have a great day...DZ

No comments: